5 slices bacon, chopped
1 medium sized onion, sliced thin
2 cloves garlic, grated on micro plane or pressed
2 whole potatoes, cooked and smashed
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
10 – 15 whole mushrooms, stems removed
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a large frying pan fry bacon and onions over medium heat until onions are golden brown and caramelized.
2. Remove from heat, drain grease and add all the remaining ingredients except mushrooms and cheddar cheese. Mash and mix completely.
3. Using a spoon, scoop heaping amounts of the potato mixture into each mushroom.
4. Top with grated cheese, dividing the half cup evenly among the potatoes.
5. Bake at 450F for 15 minutes.