1 1/3 cups shortbread cookie crumbs (12 cookies)
1/4 cup melted butter
2 cups shredded carrots (3 to 4)
3 pkg. light or regular cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1. Combine ingredients; mix well. Press into 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan.
2. Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 minutes.
1. Simmer shredded carrots in water to cover for 5 minutes. Drain and remove excess liquid.
2. In food processor combine carrots, cream cheese, sugar and maple syrup; process until completely smooth and evenly coloured.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until just blended.
4. Pour onto crumb crust and bake at 300°F (150°C) for 45 minutes or until centre is almost set. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
1. In small saucepan simmer water with sugar for 5 minutes. Add shredded carrots and simmer 5 minutes.
2. Drain well and scatter on top of chilled cheesecake.
For more information, visit Foodland Ontario.