1 onion finely chopped
1 leek white and light green parts only, finely chopped
1 rib celery finely chopped
2 sprigs thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cup green lentils dried
2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth no-salt
2 cups water
1 green zucchini cubed
1 yellow zucchini cubed
4 salmon fillets
1 tbsp olive oil
4 lemon wedges
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
salt and pepper to taste
1. In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, leek, celery and garlic, thyme, salt and pepper, stirring until softened, about 4 minutes.
2. Add lentils, chicken broth and water; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, adding more water if mixture dries out, until lentils are tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
3. Stir in zucchini; cover and cook until zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, brush salmon with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil on foil-covered baking sheet, 3 inches (8 cm) from heat, until fish flakes easily when tested, about 6 minutes.
5. To serve, divide lentil mixture among 4 plates. Divide salmon and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritional information available at Half Your Plate.