1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
4 cups cauliflower florets (about 2/3 medium head)
3 cups grape tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried rosemary or basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
8 oz whole wheat rotini or fusilli pasta
1 cup shredded Asiago or Provolone cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Place butter and oil in a 13- by 9-inch (33 by 23 cm) glass baking dish. Heat in oven for 3 minutes or until butter is melted.
3. Add cauliflower, tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, smoked paprika (if using) and vinegar to baking dish and toss to evenly coat. Roast in oven for about 25 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and browned and tomatoes have split, stirring once.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, until a dente (tender but firm). Drain well, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
5. Stir pasta into vegetables in baking dish, mashing tomatoes slightly to release juice. Add reserved cooking water, a little at a time, to moisten pasta as desired. Stir in half of the cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutritional information is available at Dairy Goodness.